Procrastination!

This last week has been hell.

Everything I could have put off, I did and suddenly all that came to bite me in the ass. BUT I have found that procrastination CAN pay off, so this is the lesson I will pass on to you, my friends.

Those of you who saw me when I was moving out, cast your minds back to the moment I left. For those of you who weren't there, I had SIX bags on my shoulders, left a full 30 mins after I intended to & had one of those panicky journeys where you sit on the tube counting the minutes between stops so that you know if you're late. I arrived 2mins before my bus left.

But I forgot to pick up my medical form from uni. If I had picked it up, I would've had to pay £55 for this. (RIP OFF!!!) But without it, my £160 medical insurance was invalid and after I left, the surgery closed down for the summer. So I had a week left to get this form filled in. I spent a stress-filled week trying to get my medical forms sent through to a new surgery seriously quickly & it took several days of pleading and begging receptionists. But it is now done, it will be posted ontime and (best of all) it is costing me just £15!!! Result!!!

But getting ready for New York has been insane this year, in a bad way! Everytime I thought I was getting close to having everything done, I remembered financial stuff, visa stuff, medical stuff. You name it I probably did it last minute! I have BEGGED receptionists, yelled at couriers (note to self: NEVER use CityLink - Worst Service EVER!), abused the 40-free prints deal on Snapfish *sweet!*, told the tax man to give me some moola (thank you Ana for reminding me about that word!) and I am still not packed...

I'm leaving for London tomorrow morning. I actually realise I Need to be packed right now. But instead I keep making lists of all the stuff I need to take... and then redoing those lists... (If you think I'm joking, I actually have SEVEN lists of stuff I need to do/pack/ do later. Which is sooo sad!) But I am now resolved. No, I am RESOLVED (looks more impressive), I'm going from here and going to get my act in gear, otherwise I'll procrastinate to the point where I have no time left. And then I will officially be SCREWED :p

p.s. For those of you who havent been given my address (most of you!) it is HERE:

Rebecca Ngakane
Camp Hayden-Marks
Sharpe Reservation
436 Van Wyck Lake Road
Fishkill, NY 12524
USA

7 comments:

Lucy xx said...

Hahaha awww bless you! Im glad you got your form sorted in the end!and it cost you much less! :D

And thanks for the address...you will be getting a postcard from Portugal soon I'm sure!! (plus other things that I may send u periodically to cheer you up whilst being harrassed by hundreds of pesky children :))

P.S. im glad I got the first comment this time :D xxx

Lucy xx said...

btw...lol at the fact that you are going to live in a place called fishkill :P

xxx

Anastasia said...

Right I'm pissed off. Not only did Lucy beat me to first comment but also I was goin to mention fishkill and she did that as well! Hmmmpf!!

Rebecca....did you find what I hid in your suitcase yet? When you went to dance aerobics for the last time, Lizzie and i were trying to think of something funny to do. At first we were oging to unpack all you stuff and set it al up again but than we thought that as much as that would have been hilarious, it would have been quite annoying as well. So we did something else instead :P

Ima miss you loads!!! xxxxx

Lucy xx said...

HAHA ... ok number 1 - muhahaha anastasia...

number 2.... i realise you are on the plane right now (or at least i hope u r) ... but Im watching HIMYM, and marshall just shaved his head. and it made me laugh so much, i thought i should take a break and tell someone about it! and you were the person i wanted to tell!!

number 3....i hate you. and will continue to hate you until 3rd year.

number 4...i want to be mentioned in your column in Cub

number 5...im so bored :(

xxxxx

Lucy xx said...

AND NOW THERES A WIG!! HAHAHA

Sonya said...

i misss you :(
xx

Sonya said...

and my comment worked!! which makes me haaaappy! but not really happy, cos i still misss you... :( buuuuuuut....
Happy BUTHDAY MISS 20!!! hope the Hayden campers gave u as many bumps :D youre 20!! arrhahaharrr ;) come join me in the land of oldness :):)
aaand... i was ALSO going to mention Fishkill. you do seem to end up in raaather dead sounding places. Hell. Fishkill.. did i tell u theres a place called Kilmacow in ireland?!?! amazing.. :D
i loveth thou, and and VERY glad all was sorted out ok, even if by the skin of your teeth! :S bloomin 'ell. (you can tell she's a drama teacher ;) )
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
xx

Post a Comment