In the beginning...

I booked my flights to Santa Cruz today. And yelled at Camp America over a visa problem that was half my fault (should've got my visa done a couple of months ago - but laziness is a student's priveledge & they thought it was 100% their fault, so it all ended well *grin*)

Booking the flights scared me though. Not only am I arriving a couple of days late, after all the groups will be formed, but I am actually going. I just spent £400 confirming my journey to California. Before tonight the only commitment I'd made was on paper. But now money has been brought into the equation. So I am going. Definitely. OH. MY. GOD.

I have over eighteen hours of travelling to get through. I have to haul around my entire worldly goods (packed with every piece of clothing I own, otherwise it will disappear into the dark recesses of my sister's wardrobe - grrr). And - this is the worst part - I wont have enough baggage allowance for crap. The necklace holder I never use. The art box that has a million and one things I might use at some point. The 3,000 pieces of cooking equipment that I don't need to take...

Despite moving house fourteen times, I am a hoarder. Maybe because of it... But finally Mum is going to get her wish that I get rid of some of my crap (although I will just be storing it with them, so HA! I get the last laugh!)

Okay. Okay, I think I'm past some of the fear now. I'm going to California. Nope. Fear is back. Back with a vengence. But that's okay, it's a good kind of fear. The kind you get when you know that you are about to do something crazy and you have no idea what the result will be. But it's a good crazy. Not a mad crazy.

I think.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

rebecca!!!! crazy post blargle!

nice blog!!

Lucy said...

Woo i can comment yaaaay!!!! :D

BUT I DO NOT HAVE YOUR COMMENT VIRGINITY COS JAAAAAMIIIEEEE HAS GONE AND STOLEN IT !!!! ARRRRGHH!!!! NOT HAPPY!!!!

but yes. anyway. the main reason i am writing issssss......if your mum makes u get rid of crap, dont throw it out, give it to me!i love crap!!! plus then that way you could be sneaky and pretend ud thrown stuff out but then reclaim in third year and let me use it till then...or just give it to me cos u love me... :D

GRRRR JAMIE!!! ANGRY!!!!

Buddleia said...

I SO CANNOT WAIT for your adventures! xxx!

Lucy said...

Not impressed at your lack of effort putting portugal up here!

Anonymous said...

hellllolooooo its hannah :) just thought i would say yes i read your blog backwards and wondered why on earth were you back tracking on things like medical forms when you had already gone.. then it hit me i should have started at the bottom... well sounds like your having an amazing time and im not gunna lie it is a bit weird not being able to text you and say helllo but i am getting read for an epic writting session to send a letter to you... your not ready for what you will recieve :) and as for the kid who thinks its appropriate to slam doors he has some serious issues getting up so early in the morning!! well i look forward to your next update everything is ok here nothing major just some funny new neighbours talk to you sooon love hannah xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post a Comment